Designing, coding and debugging Java Rich Client and Java EE Applications

Thursday 3 January 2008

Welcome

Hello everybody and welcome to my blog!
I decided to call my brand new blog "design, code, debug" because for me, that's the eternal circle of software development.
Or the three seasons of programming, if you will. Or maybe, the cosmic ballet of...all right, all right...you get the picture.
Well, I really do believe that these three activities should be viewed as a whole:
Designing the architecture, hacking the code and debugging the results really seems to be the natural flow of things.

I mean, hey: How often did you come up with a good design, written some code, really nice, really straight forward.
You are really content with your work, then you try it out and...it all fails miserably.
Days later you'll then find out that you had some typo in some of the (way to many) XML config files.
See, that's all part of the experience of developing software process.
In video games you have boss battles, in programming you have debugging ;)

So when you see a post with the "debug" tag in this blog, it will most likely be about configuration issues,
seeing how an application behaves in the profiler or how to overcome common pitfalls.

I also thought the name was a clever choice as it basically allows me to talk about everything that has at least
remotely to do with "computer stuff". Nothing is off topic for me!

At the moment I'm experimenting a bit with Swing Rich Clients and NetBeans 6.
So that's probably, what the next couple of Posts will we about!

No comments: